Old October 21st 04, 12:46 AM
Roy Mottola

I've been where your are. The first one is a little scary, then, if all goes
right it gets easier. The Antec case is really nice and should have all the
power connections you need, with extras. I couldn't get much info on the
motherboard, but retail boards usually come with lots of ribbon and sata
cables, adapters etc. Oh, the case has front usb and firewire ports,you just
connect them to headers on the motherboard. I'm not familiar with AMD based
stuff so I'll end here. Have fun!!!
"Chris" picturesofengland(on wrote in message
Hi.
I'm about to order all the parts to attempt to build myself a new PC
Would really appreciate some help!! Please..
I'm really worried about a few things, mainly, will everything be
compatible, especially the Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and HDD.
I'm also worried about what cables i may need, and if I have everything

for
the BFG graphics card that I'm planning to get.
The system requirements for it are confusing me as to whether i will need

order extra cables etc, and even get a bigger PSU.

BFG System Requirements:
A minimum 480W system power supply, An AGP 2.0 (or higher) compliant,
motherboard. Some motherboards violate the AGP specification and therefore
this card may not physically fit in some systems. A vacant PCI slot

adjacent
to the AGP slot. This board occupies two slots: one AGP and one PCI. Two
available hard disk drive power dongles (smaller floppy disk drive

connector
is not sufficient).

For instance, it says 2 available hard disk drive power dongles?? Where do

order these from? or will they be included with my PSU?
Also, will my Mother board be AGP 2.0 compliant?

-
The parts i have ready to order:

Motherboard:
Abit AV8 SKT939 K8T800PRO 800FSB 8xAGP SATA Sound GIG LAN Retail Box
from he

More info he
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...es=1&model=175

PSU
Antec PSU True Blue 480w Blue Led Fan
from he

Will it be powerful enough and have enough cables for the BFG and

everything
else???

MEMORY
I'll be getting this: Kingston 1GB 400MHz DDR Non-ECC CL3 (3-3-3) DIMM

(Kit
2)

As far as i can see, it will be compatible with the motherboard.

CASE
The case I will be getting is this: Antec Plusview 1000 4x5.25 5x3.5 ATX
Tower Case with Side Window
From he

It says compliant for AMD so i'm hoping it will be ok.

CPU
Athlon 64 3500+ S939 512Kb Box
From he

http://www.dabs.com/uk/Search2/Produ...n%2064%203500#

HDD
Western Digital WD2000JD 200GB Serial ATA150 7200rpm 8mb Cache- OEM
from he

Cables so far:
1x Belkin Serial ATA 2.0 7-pin Cable - Red 18" for the hard drive. Will i
need any more?
1x Ebuyer AC Power Lead (Kettle Type) Suitable for ATX PSU
1x Ebuyer 6" Internal Power Y Splitter Cable

I'm worried i'm going to receive all the parts, and then have to order
more..

By the way, how good will the sound be on the motherboard, would it

support
dolby 5.1? I'm going to order some 5.1 speakers.
Also, i'm wondering about will i need any ports? usb like at the back of

my
existing system? Or do they come with the case or motherboard?

Ive also got on my list to order, a monitor, anti static wrist band,

windows
xp software, disk drives, sound card etc etc, but its the above that the
most important.

Many many thanks for any help.
If everything looks fine i'm going to order it as soon as.

Chris