Old January 23rd 04, 01:01 AM
Phisherman

Default Pls Help--Need to access the BIOS of a Compaq Presario CDS 860

I was given an old Compaq Presario CDS 860 and can't figure out how to
access the BIOS. I tried F5, F8, and F10. I pressed the function key
during bootup, but still got no BIOS screen. I tried each of the
three keys mentioned at least three times. Any ideas?
Does this machine even have an accessible BIOS?
I know there are several jumper switches on the MoBo to control
onboard video, processor type, enabling onboard sound , etc. (The
machine boots up just fine with Windows 95, although I may decide to
load Linux onto it.) Thanks.