Old July 8th 18, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
dogs

Default AMD and a hot date to flirt at the horrorshow

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 04:54:29 +0000, dogs wrote:

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:22:36 -0500, Flasherly wrote:

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 04:35:44 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

Dahmn Sam - Scratch everything.

Basically, with the appropriate BIOS implementation for AMD
PileDriver/BullDozer chips, within my FX-series' heat-throttling
design,
short of seriously going outside of default BIOS settings, it can be
run effectively without consequence for heat.

Yeah, yeah, but my desktop pc's Athlon XP-M (that's MOBILE, the pick of
the litter) core voltage is 1.425v

Vcore set to 1.35v now, and it's stable at that.

Temp warning alarm began beeping, screen went black, then it shut itself
down a couple days ago. I lowered the clock speed and the voltage. A few
hundred Mhz is noticeable, so I later put it back to 2Ghz where it was.
Now I wonder, does speed affect the CPU temp, or is it just the voltage?
No sense running slower if it's no cooler there.

The heatpipe CPU cooler probably met a threshold, where vapor abruptly
stopped condensing at the finned radiator end, then performance dropped
off the cliff. Temp in the room has been very near 100F.