Old June 30th 18, 10:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_39_]

Default Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

I use CCleaner everyday to purge my browsing history, etc.
It used to run faster. It takes quite a while to even remove
"counters.dat", whatever that is. I don't remember it being an
issue before. Evidently, I can accumulate 2000-8000 "tracking
files" without even doing a lot of browsing (how is this
possible?). I don't even use the IE browser, yet it seems to
takes a while to remove Internet explorer data. It is true that
I am using an older version of the CCleaner app, but I don't
believe this is the issue. Thank you for your guidance!

Bill