Old January 19th 08, 10:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Fishface

Default Gigabyte P35-DS3P

bornfree wrote:

CPUID still reports my clock speed to be 1.86 under "specification"
though .

If SpeedStep is enabled, it will automatically slow down under load.
Some report higher overclocks when this is disabled, as it lowers the
voltage (vCore) also. Check it with a load.

Which CPU do you have? If multi-core, sure it is stressing all cores by
checking the performance tab of Windows Task Manager, assuming you
are running Windows, of course. I just use this:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...rime_2004.html

....which runs two instances of Prime95 torture test. I need to run two
instances of Orthos for the Quad core, though. Shaun posted that he
found a Prime95 version on www.MajorGeeks.com which is ver 25.5.
that would stress all cores. I was a little suspicious that it wasn't found
on the official website, so I didn't download it.
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm