Old October 5th 05, 11:43 PM
drc023

As usual Measekite has no clue about what the real problem could be. He just
spouts the same idiotic drivel in post after post. Thanks to your other
reply, you were able to point out that what Measekite posted was one of his
typical lies. When you print in plain paper mode, the BCI-3ebk pigmented
black ink is used. However when any other paper type is specified pigmented
ink is not used and the BCI-6bk dye black is used along with the other photo
colors. The description you gave clearly indicates that the dye black isn't
working or is at far too low an intensity. Have you run a nozzle check and
verified that the BCI-6bk is functioning correctly? You might have a head
clog caused by Canon OEM ink. Have you swapped out the dye black tanks with
another one?
--
Ron

"A Shropshire Lad" wrote in message
Always use original Canon inks.

Odd that on default, it's fine on grey, but the whole page gets a
magenta/pink cast if I up the quality settings or change to other than
plain paper. What gives?

"measekite" wrote in message
. ..
Are you using or have you always used Canon OEM ink. If that is not the
case your luck ran out.
A Shropshire Lad wrote:

Hi all.

My Canon IP40000R worked fine for months but I've noticed when I print
greys (like a drop shadow or any percentage of black) on lowest quality
settings, it's OK.

If I select glossy or matte papers or increase the quality of print above
standard, the colours all shift - the grey goes pink, blue goes to
mauve/purple. Just one example. Happens from several PCs.

Happens from all apps, I have the 1.8 XP driver from their website... and
getting fed up!

Any suggestions please!

Steve