Old August 29th 05, 03:22 PM
Edward Diener No Spam

Margaret Wilson wrote:
"Edward Diener No Spam" wrote in
message ink.net...

Margaret Wilson wrote:

"Edward Diener No Spam" wrote in
message ink.net...

More than one software package did not work but I will download Nero
trial version and try it also.

As others have stated, Nero is a very good program. Not all software is
compatible with all drives, take CDR-Win for an example. Further, DVD
burners can be picky about the media they will use. As someone else
suggested, have you tried burning a CD? If you try Nero and it will not
burn either a CD or DVD, I'd suspect either incompatible media or most
likely, a bad drive.

I will buy some CD-RWs tomorrow and try again. The amusing thing is that
the DVD-RWs which I bought come from the same company that manufactures
the drive, Samsung.

You know, I just had another idea. When installing Windows Updates, have
you installed the "update" for HiMat support?

How do I tell ?

If so, uninstall that update.
A friend installed it and a few days later noticed she could no longer burn
CDs/DVDs without generating errors. Once she uninstalled the update, she
could burn discs again.

Also, I've not had much luck with Windows XP's disc burning capabilities.

I am on Win2k.

Try disabling the IMAPI service.

What is IMAPI ? I do not see a Service in my list that says IMAPI. Maybe it has
a different name.

You won't need it if you're using
third-party software anyway.

For what, burning DVD disks ? I did not know that Win2k had this ability
natively. Do you know where it is ?