Old September 6th 04, 07:58 AM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:22:52 +1000, Malcolm Street wrote:

It gets better... While my original cpu was away they stuck an AMD64 3000+
in for tests and it worked fine. So my NVIDIA-based mb won't work with the
2800 but will work with a 3000!

WTF???!!!

Has anyone come across this before and/or got any idea what's going on an
what more I can try? BTW this is getting urgent; I bought it for some cfd
(computational fluid dynamics) calculations that take 9-10 hours on my
existing 600 MHz PIII system and my project is due in a few weeks.

Sounds like a bios issue, Try a different bios, or just get the 3000+. it
can't be that much more.

Don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of responses to this. Your
follow-up group (alt.comp.hardware.amd) doesn't exist.:-)