Old June 13th 04, 12:14 AM
Gareth Jones

In message , Phil Thompson
writes
I take it you have the onboard ATA bios enabled? (Must have I guess).
The last bootable device in the list set to 'SCSI / external device' (or
similar) should do it.

*last* bootable device ? We did get it to work, with SCSI, Floppy, CD
as the boot order. We can run SCSI, CD, Floppy as the boot order
also, repeatably.

Mine is set with all the bootable devices disabled, apart from the last
one. Works fine.

What did we do ? not 100% certain. Last night we flashed the BIOS of
the mobo up to the latest 1004 from the Asus site

Strange. Maybe its because you have the -X version, but mine are
'standard' A7V600 boards, the bios version was 1004 from last year
sometime.
Its 1005 now with a beta 1006 ???

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'