Old April 13th 04, 05:40 PM
JasonB

Hmm, think i might owe you a couple of virtual beers ;-)

Despite checking the documention and following it through it would
appear that I *still* managed to put the HSF on the wrong way around - Doh!

The system does now boot up properly and stay running for longer, not
surprising though..... Intend running Prime95 for a couple of hours now
just to make sure that everything is ok.

Jim, many thanks for your help, I'm a much relieved man!

Jim wrote:

I would double check that the CPU and heatsink are seated properly.
Sometimes either the CPU is not fully in the ZIF socket, or the heatsink is
not in full contact w/ the CPU. In such cases, the system will continually
and spontaneously reboot under stress (or when it overheats), whichever
happens first. Remove the CPU and heatsink and start over.

Jim

"JasonB" wrote in message

I've tried upping the voltage a little, but this doesn't appear to make
a difference at the moment.

Looking at the BIOS there are several settings that can be tweaked, in
what order should they be adjusted?

At the moment I'm trying to get the system to work on base settings,
hence I'm adjusting the CPU Ratio and the FSB Frequency first. Getting
this to work in a stable manner though is proving difficult.

Snip