Old October 31st 09, 11:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Default Burning software that allows control of CD-Text

Use powerdesk by Ontrack to edit the cd text then burn the edited ones.

Ray K wrote:

I have a large collection of music files that have the following
filename format:

SongTitle*-*Last,*First.mp3, where the * represents a single space.

Examples:

Thriller - Jackson, Michael.mp3
Begin the Beguine - Shaw, Artie.mp3

Each song also has an ID3v2 tag associated with it.

I'm looking for burner software (to make regular cda music CDs, not MP3
CDs) that will allow me to control how the CD text appears. For example,
it would interpret the spaceHYPHENspace sequence as a separator, with
everything before the first space appearing as the Title and everything
after the second space (except the .mp3) as the Artist.

Nero 6 or 8 doesn't do the job. They put it backwards, so I end up with
something like Jackson, Michael*/*Thriller as the CD-text. (Again, the *
is one space.) The problem is when I go to make a label using
AudioLabel, it reads the CD-text exactly as on the CD, so I end up with
the artist before the song title.

Thanks for your comments/leads.

Ray

--