Old May 13th 05, 03:21 PM
Daniel Mandic

"BigJim" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
no really the p2b needs low density ram

You donīt know the i440BX.

Well P2B, I would suggest you

http://free-pu.htnet.hr/BXRAM/

and http://p196.ezboard.com/bcubx
this is a CuBX Forum but very interesting for P2B/P3B users, too.

Donīt forget to use very well RAM for the BX. 133MHz Cl.2 RAM do not have to
work in a BX with 133 2-2-2 setting, but in most cases it does.
You will also find in the Internet some comments about the stability on P2B
derivates and CuBX. So far as I understood, the CuBX and the P3B-F are the
best for overclocking, operating at 150MHz without problems. My P2B-F for
example is finishing at 140MHz, even you can clock it up to 150. But I have
never gone beyond 105MHz, and staying now at 100MHz. For what should I need
more MHz????

Maybe your P2B cannot operate the Tualatin? Voltage regulator?

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

P.S.: For BX enthusiasts like me: I have found an article (Japan) about a BX
with 200MHz FSB givin 2100 MHz Tualatin. You would need a Intel extreme
edition to outdistance such a system :-)
I am sure the formerly BX-Designers could make such FSB work
(without overclocking),some years after the official BX-Release, which was
1996.