Old January 12th 04, 10:28 PM
Jose Jiminez

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:41:21 -0800, "Kent_Diego"
wrote:

I had a funny problem fixed by log off log on. My SysTray icons would not
all show up at startup. I had to disable UPnP service, Universal Plug and
Play (not Plug and Play), to fix. It is not needed, see if this fixes your
problem and post back. Run msconfigservices and uncheck.

I haven't tried your idea because I think I got to the crux of the
matter.
I restarted my computer and took note of all the running processes in
Windows Task Manager.
Then I logged off and logged on again (without restarting) and took
note of all the running processes in Windows Task Manager.

After comparing the 2 lists, I found an application (Matlab) running
in the background that was only there when I did a restart. When I
logged off and then on, the application was not running anymore. I'm
not sure why it was running. Might have been a bad install.

So I restarted the computer and looked at the Windows Task Manager
again. The app was running again and Opengl failed to initialize. So I
ended the process in the Task Manager and tested Opengl again and it
works!!
I've uninstalled the application and my system now functions normally.
I'm going to reinstall the app just to see if the problem reappears.
I'll post my results as soon as I can.

Jose