Old August 1st 05, 09:12 PM
Random Person

OMG, I don't believe it. I entered my drive's serial number at Maxtor's
website and I found out my warranty expired midnight yesterday!

I'm still running the diagnostic tool I downloaded from Maxtor (no
errors with the quick scan).

Do you think I can convince Maxtor to RMA the drive (Assuming there is
something wrong with it) on the basis that the errors started appearing
in July?

Random Person wrote:
Hi. Twice today one of my older drives, a Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM
Diamondmax Plus 9 hard drive took about 15 seconds to read/write data.
This is the first time it has taken so long to access data.

The first time was when I was saving a spreadsheet to it. Excel stopped
responding for about 15 seconds, then everything went back to normal.

The second time happened at the Command Prompt, I was doing a "dir" and
it also froze for a while.

Should I start making a recent backup of my data right now?

I've downloaded the Powermax bootable ISO and will run a diagnostic
tonight...

Incidentally this is a replacement drive for a previous 80GB Maxtor,
which died due to SMART failure and the 'click of death'...

If it got replaced about 2 years ago will my warranty still be valid?