Old August 1st 05, 08:35 PM
Random Person

"I think your drives are overheating, and they shouldn't have
been ran like that at all."

Are there any tools for me to detect my HD temperature? I have 2
IBM/Hitachi 120GB HDDs, 1 Maxtor 80GB HDD and 1 Seagate 160GB HDD.
Would there be any temperature tools for any of the brands?

"You don't meniton your power supply but if it's less than ~400W
(Antec?) then it's probably not sufficient for the parts you listed."

I have an Antec Truepower 350W PSU. My computer is a:
AMD XP 2500+ "Barton"
Abit NF-7 mobo
SB Audigy
Radeon 9800 Pro
4 HDDs (2 in Primary IDE channel, 2 via a Silicon Image ATA/133
controller card)
2 ODDs (1 DVD+/-RW, 1 CD-RW)
3 added 80cm fans.

Current board temperature is 33'C, CPU temp 49'C. I understand your
point about changing the case but I'd like to avoid that if possible (I
just bought 3 fans, after all). It is a major hassle swapping cases...

Thanks.