Old October 13th 04, 03:18 PM
Mark

The bus speed is usually the issue when it comes to cpu speed...happy
computing

"andym" wrote in message
Mark,

I just experimented and changed the CPU Ext. Freq to 166Mhz, and it
worked!!! I am now running on 1.83Ghz..

many thanks

andym!!

"andym" wrote in message
Mark,

I have the following settings shown on my "Advanced Chipset Features"
area
of the BIOS..

CPU Ext. Freq. = 100Mhz
CPU Freq. Multiple Setting = Auto
System Perfomance = Optimal
FSB Spread spectrum = .50%

Would any of this need to be changed? ... as I said before i just want
the
1.83Mhz .. not interested in overclocking...

Regards,

andym

Have you checked the bus speed in the bio's?

"andym" wrote in message
Hi all,

I know that this is an overlocking newsgroup, but I was wondering if

you
guys could help me..

I have a 2500+ running on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Mobo.

It seems that when I go to the Control Panel - System -General, it

shows
that I am only getting 1.09Ghz out of it. I think the default speed
is
1.83Ghz.

Can anybody explain why my default speed is so low? I have never
overclocked
or changed any BIOS setting (I'm a bit of a gumby with these things,

so
have
left everything alone!!).

Seems I'm losing around 40% of my minimum potential here...

Any clues would be most appreciated...

Regards,

andym