Old January 16th 09, 07:50 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Puddin' Man

Default Intel Motherboards (or other) that support Hyper V in Server 2008

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:25:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi folks. I'm trying to put together an inexpensive system that will
run server 2008 and be able to use HyperV. I know there are certain
things that the processor must be able to do and the motherboard as
well. I can't seem to find a list of motherboards or CPUs that will
perform this functionality. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You are a little light on details of what HW/SW you want to
implement.

Start with "Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT)" at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_vir....28Intel_VT.29

Then run searches on catchphrases like "Intel VT" and look for
them in descriptions of cpu's, boards you might want to consider.

Puddin'

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc