Old October 2nd 07, 06:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
William R. Walsh

Default Dead sound on Deskpro EN?

Hi!

Yep, I'm familiar with the beast.
Don't care.

These Deskpro boxen are OK in my book...even today they have more than
enough computing power.

Then again, my opinion is just ever-so-slightly skewed. You've seen my PS/2
postings and might remember something about a Deskpro/M 386/33. (It's still
running...I slapped a copy of FreeDOS on it, upped the RAM, and found an
Adaptec AHA-1742 *new in the box* for SCSI support...)

That is one of the very few systems that supports an add-in memory module
in the AGP slot. Kinda neat and wierd at the same time.

Well, I wondered if putting memory in the AGP slot was universally
supported. Guess not...

I always have liked the Intel chipset graphics. Not having to pull away some
system RAM is always nice. Have you ever seen any modules other than the 4MB
AIMM that is present? Do you know if the integrated graphics will steal
system RAM if the AIMM is missing?

One thing I have seen (in some Dell and eMachines systems) is solder pads
for dedicated video RAM to be used by the Intel integrated graphics. Most of
the time they aren't used, although I have a few systems with these spots
populated.

Chipset is Intel 815, so 512MB should be the maximum memory
supported.

There are three DIMM slots...dunno about the top end...I got the Celeron to
768MB without trouble.

Next time I am in my warehouse, I'll write down the model code from a
decal on a system.

That'd be great if you catch a moment...if you want to, you can send e-mail
wct atsign walshcomptech dot com any time.

William