Old January 12th 04, 09:04 AM
Rod Speed

Timothy Daniels wrote in
message ...

1) I have never used a "ute" other than MS's Disk Manager
(to remove partitions) and Drive Image (to clone a drive).

What did you do when the clone wouldnt boot ?

Multi-boot is an optional feature of Windows XP, and it appeared
without the intervention of any "utes" and without my direction.

Cant see that you didnt use anything at all when the clone wouldnt boot.

2) How does one tell Drive Image to clone a partition and not a physical drive?

You basically select a logical drive which is another way of
describing a partition, instead of a physical drive, as the source.

The user interface says it's copying a designated logical drive

Which isnt a physical drive.

to a designated physical disk. The procedure is
referred to by Drive Image as "copy drive". It's
purpose is to make a bootable copy of a active partition.

It can copy both a partition and a physical drive.

Perhaps you are using terminology and procedures
peculiar to Norton Ghost and not to Drive Image.

Nope. I mostly use DI because its got a better user interface.