Old February 14th 06, 05:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Way to restore the "Grip' on HP1220c grip (paper advance) wheels???

I have only used Armorall once on my car (got a sample). It made the
tire sidewalls look nice, but it seemed greasy and I somehow doubt it
adds "grab" to plastics or synthetic rubber materials, in fact, I
somewhat suspect it makes things slicker.

Although possibly unrelated, my wife bought a low mileage car a couple
of years back from a used car dealer (it was a 1986 model) which had
been "detailed" before sale. The interior (vinyl and cloth seats)
looked great. However, literally within weeks after buying it, and with
gentle use (no kids, no dogs, etc) the vinyl completely fell apart at
all the stress points. Whatever they used to make the seats look new and
clean obviously caused the plastic to so weaken that it nearly
completely disintegrated. The seats "aged" in 2 months more than they
did in the nearly 20 years before. I'm guessing that something similar
to Armorall was used, although I have no proof.

Art

lid wrote:

Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article , William Holohan
wrote:

Have an HP 1220 c that is a good and faithful printer for my need. It
will only pass the thinist of photo papers now. Have tried sanding
the rubber gripper/paper advance wheels with only very temporary
success. Any suggestions on a better fix would be appreciated.

Bill-

There is a product for use on automobile tires and plastic dashboards,
called Armor All (
http://www.armorall.com/). Used on your printer
rollers, I understand it replaces the plasticizer chemical that has been
absorbed by printer paper, so they will again grab the paper.

Fred

IF the OP tries it (available in most auto parts stores) please post back
results.