Old October 24th 03, 06:20 AM
Greg Jones

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:27:41 GMT, "Bob" wrote:

I've just installed a Zalman 7000A heatsink/fan to try to quiet down my
system. Unfortunately when I plug everything back in and power up, the
system only gets power for a few seconds then everything turns off. During
those few seconds all the fans spin up, so everything is plugged in
properly, the system just keeps turning off.

Althought the FAN is turning, perhaps it's signal isn't getting
sent to the motherboard sensors. I suspect the system monitors
the CPU Fan and if it's not turning it will turn off the system.
There is usually a setting in the BIOS that can enable/disable
this feature.