Old August 25th 04, 09:49 PM
Dave C.

"ewgf" wrote in message
Today I upgraded a mate's graphics card for him, and he gave me his old

one,
a Radeon 9200SE (according to My Computer). Is this a good card? Anyway,
I've swapped it for my Ge-Force 4 MX, but I have a slight problem;

whenever
I reset (or boot up) the PC, the monitor (ordinary 17" CRT model) switches
itself off, as though to protect itself from an invalid setting or

whatever,
and I have to manually swith the monitor off and on to get a picture.

Check your refresh rate, and turn it down to 75 or lower. Most new graphic
cards will temporarily force you back to a standard monitor with a low
resolution and refresh rate. It's possible the opposite has happened here.
Make sure your monitor is properly recognized by specific model number in
windows. -Dave