Old August 25th 04, 06:30 PM
JAD

first that is a 'pretty' good card, When installing graphic cards you
have to rid all drivers and software from the prior card. If you don't
your going to have major problems.

"ewgf" wrote in message
Today I upgraded a mate's graphics card for him, and he gave me his

old one,
a Radeon 9200SE (according to My Computer). Is this a good card?

Anyway,
I've swapped it for my Ge-Force 4 MX, but I have a slight problem;

whenever
I reset (or boot up) the PC, the monitor (ordinary 17" CRT model)

switches
itself off, as though to protect itself from an invalid setting or

whatever,
and I have to manually swith the monitor off and on to get a

picture.

How can I cure this? By the way, I've installed the latest ATI

driver from
PC Zone's June DVD ROM (the latest issues I have). And which card is

better,
the Radeon 9200SE or the Ge-Force 4 MX?

Thanks for any answers.