Old August 25th 04, 06:21 PM
ewgf

Default Graphics card question

Today I upgraded a mate's graphics card for him, and he gave me his old one,
a Radeon 9200SE (according to My Computer). Is this a good card? Anyway,
I've swapped it for my Ge-Force 4 MX, but I have a slight problem; whenever
I reset (or boot up) the PC, the monitor (ordinary 17" CRT model) switches
itself off, as though to protect itself from an invalid setting or whatever,
and I have to manually swith the monitor off and on to get a picture.

How can I cure this? By the way, I've installed the latest ATI driver from
PC Zone's June DVD ROM (the latest issues I have). And which card is better,
the Radeon 9200SE or the Ge-Force 4 MX?

Thanks for any answers.