Old November 25th 20, 08:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arlen Holder

Default Printer's IP address

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:36:06 GMT, AnthonyL wrote:

I think at various times I've had AngryIP blocked by various av
software etc despite it having been around a while

Thank you very much for your purposefully helpful advice on ipscan.

I don't use AV programs so I'm fine with AngryIP ipscan, which I like.
o AngryIP ipscan is simple - it just scans for devices & open ports

What it found for my printer turned out to be correct
o I hadn't realized my printer had port 80 open, but it did!
http://192.168.0.20:80 brought up an HP JetScan help document

Others may have guidance on port scanning but there is another thread
on printing to windows 10 and it notes that AngryIP can scan for open
ports (Options-Select Ports ie range).

In another thread, I'm trying to get printing to work from Android
directly from my Android phone (on my LAN via Wi-Fi) to the Ethernet'd
printer (on my LAN on the same subnet).
o Do you use Windows to print from your Android to your printer?
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/6ScU1H5Q43U

One thing that comes up is "CUPS", which seems to use port 631 by default.
o https://i.postimg.cc/6qRSK6WY/printing11.jpg Turn CUPS print server on
o https://i.postimg.cc/9fMnMYX4/printing12.jpg CUPS wants to use port 631

That begs the question of "what port" do printers normally use anyway?