Old November 5th 20, 08:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Eli the Bearded

Default Printer's IP address

In comp.periphs.printers, Alex Trishan wrote:
How do I find the IP address of a printer on my network? Thanks.

I don't know. How do _you_?

I use nmap sometimes. I walk up to the printer and select the print
system information option sometimes. I walk up to the printer and find
it on the on-screen config menu sometimes.

With DNS service discovery, I can sometimes find the printer by name,
and not need the IP address:

$ lpinfo --include-schemes dnssd -v
network dnssd://Brother%20HL-L6200DW%20series._ipp._tcp.local/?uuid=e3212300-80ce-11db-8000-3c2af4123123
$

That is on Linux, YMMV with other operating systems. Your lack of detail
about the printer, the network, and the OS(s) involved doesn't help.

Elijah
------
Windows should have an nmap equivalent, maybe even called nmap