Old July 20th 03, 08:26 AM
FredBillie

From: (Brendan R. Wehrung)
Date: Sat, Jul 19, 2003 4:49 PM
The new issue of PC Magazine has ratings on printer brands and they give
Lexmark products almost an across the board "E", awarding HP an A+.

I write this as a satisfied Lexmark user, aside from the cost of ink--but
I don't print that much that I use more than two sets of carts a year.

Has Lexmark quality declined since I bought my Z52, or is there a vast
audience of unsatisfied users out there? I seem to remember a *lot* more
complaints about HP than Lexmeark here, although this will reflect that a
lot more HP printers are sold.

I've bought a Z65 against the purchase of my next computer (I'll keep my
present one as a fully-equipped backup) and wonder if I should have.

Brendan
-- BRBR
The truth is that many consider the Lexmark the last printer to buy from both a
quality and economical basis. I can’t think of any comments I have seen
indicating that someone really loved the photos they printed and how much
better it is than a Canon, Epson, or even HP.