Old June 9th 19, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default More Delayed Sandisk Weirdities

On Sat, 08 Jun 2019 09:29:56 -0400, Paul
wrote:

Not true.

The controllers (inside the mobile device, or on a card reader
on your desktop) implement different generations of standards.
Maybe you need something newer than your Kingston.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_card

SDSC: 1 MiB to 2 GiB
SDHC: 2 GiB to 32 GiB == pretty common limit
SDXC: 32 GiB to 2 TiB == your 64GB SD card needs this
SDUC: 2 TiB to 128 TiB

FAT32 is a file system that sits on top of that.
An alternative is ExFAT (which can be added to WinXP SP3
with a downloadable package).

You could pick up something that looks better than this
one, for the SDXC version of SD Card.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1682075...82E16820752002

Paul

That thought did actually occur to me. Be curious to see what a new
model, multi-sized SD card USB-to-PC adaptor (Kingston Tech: Part#
FCR-HS219/7) might be up to these days. Mine would go back ages and
ages, or closer to where the latest or smallest Micro SD card were
first coming out;- And, no doubt, well before these Sandisk series
Ultra/Pro "Class speeds" were released. The issues are apparently
confined to speeds, standards and their nomenclatures: earlier and
slower Micro-SD speeds neither have compatibility issues with PC,
Droid OS, or Kingston. Whereas the HandDroid would object if a slower
card is inserted: I have to terminate the OS-to-firmware SD Card
detection routine, (catch all phrased to register to its parent Cloud
Services for ostensible "card-type" updates), whereupon it will
function without issue for older and slower Sandisk 16 and 32G cards.

Functional means it will format at stated compatibility for FAT32
standards. Attempting to write to that through the Kingston is an
eventuality and lock-up situation, rendering the card effectively
bricked and no longer identifiable for PC purposes.

Of the many afore combinations possible, I haven't tried them to test
on Windows7, where the HandDroid does do any actual PC talking,
(though a USB interface cable for principally Explorer file copying
operations, or unprincipled rewriting it in entirety from developer
RootKit perspectives).

I'll keep the Kingston, though, as it is operationally functional for
copying purposes, with a slow SD standard across HandDroid and old PC
standards.

(Appears I actually did brick one of the fastest 64G SD card series,
an ULTRA class Sandisk while attempting to format it with FAT32
repeatedly over a course of various Disk Management tools. At least
to the point where the HandDroid want's nothing to do with it either.)