Old December 23rd 18, 01:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default New system build - reboot loop when attempting to boot from SATA HDD

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 10:36:28 -0600, Char Jackson
wrote:

The CPU works and no differently than the first is my bet.

You may well be right. I've considered the possibility myself.

A bet doesn't mean one can't lose. I've never personally had an issue
with a new CPU. In fact I effectively quit buying them. The two last
new CPUs I bought, a socket 478 Celeron D, goes back to 2005, and an
AMD octal (non-Ryzen) not long ago. Everything between were used
"guaranteed working" CPU pulls.

MBs, however, I wouldn't especially care to count the issues, failures
and replacements.

My idea for a splurge is the last one I bought (socket AMD3+ ) -- and
that's both fast enough (for factoring a market) to be already close
enough to a six-core Ryzen I saw on sale for $120 yesterday: AMD boxed
and w/ fan. Leaving a depreciation of 33% in six months on my
purchase.

Most of what can go wrong is all about MBs: some fail sooner than
later. ...At least until I switched to Gigabyte. And the rest is
near enough incidental to be a regular maintenance factor. A bad CPU
for me would be incredulous. I even into a South Korean
CPU-pull-market a few weeks ago to buy another. Something I couldn't
begin to imagine to attempt before - that amount of risk. CPUs have
just been tough and rugged in my experience.