Old October 26th 03, 10:16 PM
Wes Newell

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:56:46 +0100, Someone wrote:

What I wanted to know is if (1) it is possible to take the Thunderbird to
speeds above 1500MHz and (2) how to achieve that. I am guessing that the
clock multiplier has something to do with that, but as I have no idea *what*
it does exactly I'm hesitant to change it. I was hoping someone would say
something like: "take the FSB to xxxMHz then change the clock multiplier to
YYx and you have a zzzzMHz system".
At 1500MHz the BIOS reports a CPU temperature of around 60°C.

Multiplier times FSB equals cpu clock speed. With extreme cooling (below
0) you can probably get more than 1500MHz out of it, but why. Just buy a
new XP cpu for $60 and get much more on air. If you're just messing around
try 11x133, 12.5x133, or whatever works. Raise vcore to max first. Make
sure you have a good cooler.