Old August 12th 03, 02:58 AM
HH

Unlikely they have ANY Win 98 or 98SE Restore kits still in stock.
HH

"Spam Buster" wrote in message
"HH" wrote in message
news | If you do not have the QuickRestore CDs to restore Win98, you are out of
| luck. The 98SE updates CD only contains the SE updates only. I doubt
Compaq
| still has the QRs with Win 98. You might have to buy your own copy of
Win98
| or possibly Me. Be sure to get the full version, not an upgrade.
| HH
|

| "skids" wrote in message
| What do you do when the "For Compaq Presario PCs' Only / Microsoft
Windows
| 98se Updates" disk tells you that it will only run from Windows? This
| after I
| fdisked and formated. This is a model 5360.
|
| skids

Call 1-800-go-compaq

The restore you're running is expecting the necessary bytes on Drive D.

For a full restore you need another CD. Most likely Compaq/HP can still
provide the CD. Probably for the cost of shipping.

SB