Old May 25th 04, 06:55 PM
Gonzo

"Asestar" a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o wrote in message

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...
"Gonzo" wrote in message

I also hope that S3 also makes a decent card and driver set. We need

some
competition. Im not holding my breath waiting for these two though.

S3
cards should be out soon I have read.

don't forget XGI, with their super powerfull Dual GPU card, they are
also a contender :-p

Their drivers were very buggy, last time i checked. also they cost a fair
bit more than competetion, that kills sales for new cards.

I predict that XGI and S3 will go down in flames because of their driver
quality. Even this late in the game S3's pre production drivers absolutely
stink. Not a good sign.

PowerVR I have more hope for. This is the first that I have heard of them
coming back though.

What's next?....Rendition maybe?

3Dfx was pretty much killed by Nvidia and the corps cut up and most of it
thrown away. Too bad. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and is still
the primary reason I have banned myself from buying Nvidia products.

Rant over.