Old February 21st 09, 03:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
M.A.Elstrom

Default p4c800 deluxe

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:35:29 -0500, justin wrote:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:48:22 +0200, Gin Tonix
wrote:

justin wrote:

Overclocked at about 10% it's still a relevant and stable board.

Only 10%? I had a 30 cap 3,0 Northwood which would run at 3,8GHz stable
with stock voltages Of course I had some BH5 to match and OCZ
Rambooster to keep the juice flowing ( The PSU was some generic (made
by LC Power, I guess) and loud 480W one with two REALLY loud fans but
stable voltages and it ran cool. The vidcard was a Sapphire X850XT..
After that setup I've seen some and put some together and there is only
one which was almost as good a servant: a P4D 945 @4GHz running on an
Abit AW8D. It had some of the nice qualities of the P4C800 but it was a
lot pickier with the RAM and other stuff. I want my P4C800 back!!!

Really, I guess I can push it a bit more then. I need reliable
stablility for graphics work.

Yes you can... I've got a 3.4 (SL8K4) running @ 4.12ghz on air. The
ram is the tricky part. I do OK with XMS running on the 320mhz track,
not the 400. Love my P4C800-E Dlx. It seems to run a few things
quicker than my P5W-DH Dlx. QX6700 @ 3.41ghz (310mhz x 11) & Dominator
ram @ 930mhz (FSBRAM = 3:4)...but not many. Both are great boards.