Old December 28th 06, 04:21 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
jcassady

Default ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

Thanks for the tips, here is what I have attempted to do so far.

I've tried allowing both devices to obtain an IP address automatically
(I have the DSL modem as the DHCP Server). This did not work.

I have tried setting a static IP on one device and allowing the other
to obtain automatically, but that also failed.

Lastly, I also set the IP on both devices, as xxx.xxx.xxx.253 and
xxx.xxx.xxx.252 where the modem is residing at xxx.xxx.xxx.254.

In all of these cases I can only access the device that was powered on
first. If I map network drives by doing a computer search in XP for
"Storage" or "Backup" when only one is powered on everything works as
expected.

Also, if I attempt to access the device through windows explorer via
typing:
\\storage\PUBLIC
it prompts me for a user name and password, but it will not accept
admin and my admin password.

When I get home this evening I will attempt to try all of these
senerios again to make sure I'm not missing anything. Is anyone else
here running 2 of these devices on the same network?

--
jcassady
jcassady's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=397

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in