Old November 19th 03, 05:19 PM
Harry Muscle

Default DVD ROM that reads subchannels, etc.

Could anyone recommend a DVD ROM drive that reads all the information on a
CD or DVD? According to CloneCD this mode is called RAW-96. I basically
need a DVD ROM drive that can read the main channel, sub channel, lead in
and lead out and anything else that might reside on a CD or DVD. I know a
burner that can do this (Plextor 708A), but I just need a DVD ROM. I've
been eyeing the latest DVD ROM from LG, the GDR-8162B, because according to
reviews of a drive two models back, they have a really good ability to
recover audio data from scratched or dirty CDs, which is more important to
me than raw DAE speed. The drive from LG also supports all four DVD formats
according to it's specs.

Anyway, if you've got any suggestions, personal experiences, links to
reviews, etc. please let me know,
Thanks,
Harry