Old January 1st 08, 06:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default Presario 5000: Fungibility Of ATX Power Supplies?

Pete,

Compaq has used standard power supplies in its Presario systems going back to
Pentium 3 days. Try another ATX power supply as a test. If the system boots,
you know that the Compaq power supply bit the dust. If not, then its likely the
motherboard, or both... Ben Myers

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:24:14 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Remote location.

Family member's Presario 5000 just bit the big one.

Over the phone, it sounds like the power supply.

I've got a couple of ATX power supplies laying around and I drive
down there for other reasons periodically.

How proprietary is the Compaq unit?

It's model number is "DPS 200P-103E" - and is available retail
for about $90 including shipping, but I'm wondering if it's worth
trying to use one of the other ATX power supplies I have laying
around before spending money for the exact replacement item.