Old February 13th 07, 12:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
HH

Default "No Boot Disk" error on old Compaq LTE Notebook

Have you tried "sysing" the drive? Get a bootable floppy disk which also has
the file sys.com on it. Boot with that diskette and at the A: prompt, type
sys C:
This will transfer the system files to the boot sector of the hard drive.
Then remove the floppy disk and reboot.

HH

"FatKat" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an old Compaq LTE notebook - the Pentium with a 90MHz chip. I
could never get the thing to work right, so I'm trying to Craigslist
it. However, I can't get Win95 to boot up. Even though the HD shows
up on the system configurator, the notebook simply refuses to
recognize it on boot - I get this messgae that says "No Boot Disk".

Can I assume that the HD is just dead, or is this a CMOS problem? I'd
like to maximize this machine's worth before I get rid of it.

Suggestions appreciated.