Old August 17th 03, 06:52 PM
Tom Scales

Without more specific model numbers it is going to be virtually impossible
to help.

Tom
"JohnF" wrote in message
Hi all...
Computer 1: Bought 2 Compaq's at a BOCES school auction. Didn't get any
disks or manuals. When I turn on he first one all I get is a black screen
and eternally blinking cursor. Tried putting in a floppy boot disc from
other non-Compaq computers but nothing happens. What keystrokes or how do

get at the Setup. I have a boot disk from other non-Compaq computers.

Only
thing I can think of is to disconnect hard drive but don't know what that
will accomplish as it won't read the disk in the floppy.

No. 2: When computer comes up it shows small display box with PASSWORD

ON
and PASSWORD O#!. Don't know how to get at Setup or if I do can I turn

the
password off? Any help at all on one of both of these problems

appreciated.
Thanks John