Old May 3rd 09, 09:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops
Pete Zahut

Default UPDATE Acer Aspire 5630 Laptop screen/display problem

Larry wrote:
"Pete Zahut" dont@bother wrote in
:

Fixer, I owe you a pint - a o12GBP secondhand LCD cable from Ebay
sorted the problem. Thanks very much mate, and to all who took the
time to try and help
o)

Pete

Don't you just love the look on the other people's faces around you
when you've troubleshot some complex problem successfully on the
other side of the planet by remote control?......(c;]

I fixed a Russian TV set in Siberia for a guy who was stumped, from
here in South Carolina. One of my friends, here, was sitting in my
little messy computer room when the Skype call from Siberia came in
thanking me for fixing his TV.

The look on my friend's face was simply PRICELESS. He still thinks
I'm some kind of genius....hee hee...(c;]

Yeah, it truly is the spirit of USENET and the internet and it gives you a
warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you've helped someone. This particular
problem was well beyond me (never messed with laptops before) but in general
I'm not so bad with computers and I use PCHelpware to remotely access
friends and family member's computers when they need help.

One particular friend believes I'm in league with Satan and should be burned
at the stake as he sits there, 200 miles away, watching me move his cursor
and doing what needs to be done )