Old May 25th 07, 03:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
D from BC

Default Artificial Lifeform took over control of Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 !

On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:53:06 GMT, Eeyore
wrote:

Skybuck Flying wrote:

So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
blinking !!!

I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
?!?!?!?!

Because it's not off.

The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.

Graham

I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
lan" feature...
For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
(plugged in)....dunno..
D from BC