Old January 20th 07, 02:36 AM posted to creative.products.sound_blaster.live
Shepİ

Default SB Live 5.1 Digital vs Realtek 850

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:16:55 GMT I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition "BigSky"
sent this :

Which gives better sound for gaming: SB Live 5.1 Digital or the onboard
Realtek 850? Seems like some games really don't like to use the SB Live
series especially if hardware rendering is enabled.

BigSky

I would normally say any PCI sound card is better than on board
however I was never impressed with the SB 5.1 live digital I bought
and used some years ago and in gaming it caused lag no matter what
drivers and hacks I used.

I went,"Retro" recently and got back 2 mega cheap SB PCI 128s off Ebay
recently as these were by far and away the best gaming sound card I've
ever had and the DACs for the prices are unbelievable.S/N ratios were
always good on these cards.Nothing fancy,no mega bundled software.Not
5.1/6.1 or other BS.

Didn't even have to download or use any drivers as even WinXP sussed
the card when I put it in(I was well surprised at that).

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...eative+pci+128

even in PCs/Computers there are,"Classics" and these cards are one.For
the cost,as you can see,try one.Blows all the others
out-of-the-water.All other software/programs can be found online to do
what you want with them anyway if you know where to look

It's the chips I tell you,it's the chipsBFG

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558