Old November 20th 17, 06:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rodney Pont[_6_]

Default hard disk transfer speed changed

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 21:25:52 -0500, Paul wrote:

When you look in the appropriate dialog, you'll see
that DMA is no longer listed, and it's changed to PIO.
But I can tell just by your transfer rate, what just
happened. "4" is a popular number - that's what I'm using
as evidence.

*******

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...-out-or-crc-er

devmgmt.msc

Expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers node.

Double-click the controller for which you want
to restore the typical DMA transfer mode.

Click the Driver tab.
Click Uninstall.

When the process completes, restart your computer. When
Windows restarts, the hard disk controller is re-enumerated and
the transfer mode is reset to the default value for each device
that is connected to the controller.

I'd also suggest removing the cable and plugging it back in at both
ends to make sure it's making a good contact and if it's not fixed try
another SATA cable. I have to say I didn't think SATA could run in PIO
mode though.

--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2
and built in 5 years;