Old January 23rd 15, 11:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default Hard disk reliability examined once mo HGST rules, Seagate is alarming

Ant wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Ant wrote

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...e-is-alarming/

Fark. I'll certainly be avoiding those Seagates.

I still use old Seagate HDDs:

I don’t.

1. ST3320620AS 320 GB
2. ST310005N1A1AS-RK 1 TB
3. ST325082 3A; 250 GB

I do still use 1TB drives, Samsungs, but don’t use
any of the smaller 3.5" drives anymore even tho
I still have them. Still have 1TB drives in laptops.

4. 12 days ago, I bought a new green Western Digital Corporation (WDC)
WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 SATA HDD to replace the dying Seagate Barracuda 7200.7
(ST380011A; 7200 RPM; 80 GB; IDE) HDD in Debian/Linux box.

I've been avoiding WD drives for years now, only bought
Samsungs, but now that they are gone, I'll get HGSTs if I
need more drives. Not likely I will any time soon tho,
I decided it was mad to keep buying new drives for
the PVR files I never get around to watching and that
it makes more sense to just dump the stuff I never
get around to watching instead.