Old June 12th 08, 08:54 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Default Crazy idea........USB flash drives converted to IDE or SATAdisks.

On Jun 12, 9:53*am, Boll Weevil wrote:
My computers HD crashed again and I have to reinstall everything. *Recently,
these USB flash drives are getting quite reasonable and I began to think how
nice it would be if I could used them as a boot drive instead the traditional
head thrashers. *I was looking at the 3.5 inch dead HD and perhaps you could fit
about a dozen of those USB flash drives into a case. *Then, with a onboard raid
controller, it could stripe it to create a large LUN. *Of course this is all
speculation. *I've not run into such a animal while googling.

What's wrong with a flash SSD like those available from any number of
vendors?