Old January 31st 17, 09:05 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_3_]

Default "Backblaze Hard Drive Stats for 2016"

On 01/31/2017 01:11 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

"Backblaze Hard Drive Stats for 2016"
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-...rk-stats-2016/

More hard drive stats than I have ever seen. Th4 4th quarter 2016 table
covers 79,939 drives.

The lesson is, don't buy hard drives as they are only going to fail ?

SSDs will fail too, except perhaps more slowly -- and they will cost a lot more.

Perce

BTW, that was sarcasm on my part. I buy 5 to 10 new hard drives and SSDs a year. The biggest SSD that I have bought is 480 GB and I
just bought an 8 TB WD external drive for our offsite LAN rotating backup.

Lynn