Old October 7th 03, 08:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

A certain scam artist swears by the following:

"DirectCD bugs translate into the faults of packet writing"
"DirectCD bugs translate into unreliability of cd-rw media"

A lot of the DirectCD problems that are slimily blamed on the cd-rw
media and the packet writing format are caused by these DirectCD bugs:

-----------------------
DirectCD 3.05
Fixes

Some older, low-speed recorders cannot correctly write high-speed
rated CD-RW media, but DirectCD would formerly allow you to try.

DirectCD now checks the media and
will reject as appropriate. === FIXED ???

DirectCD 5.3.4
Fixed:

Burn to Ultra High Speed media on non-Ultra High Speed Drives,
no longer allowed === FIX a FIX ???
-----------------------

Mikey's slimy "excuse" for the above DirectCD bugs:

======================
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Subject: easycd creator direct cd problem
Date: 9/4/02

I have easy cd creator 5 basic installed on a win2000 rpo machine.
When formatting a cd using direct cd, the formatting and verifying
status seems never ends. I wait for 2 hrs, the percentage status bar
indicated it is 100% but the formatting didn't stop. I need to kill
the program manually.

Presumably, you're working with an erasable (CD-RW) blank. If so, it's
poorly matched to your drive.

When formatting, each sector is checked
and if faulty retired from service. That process is very slow and
results in little or no formatted capacity; any that is available is
particularly unreliable.

Try some blanks which are better matched to your drive - have lower
error rates. However, be aware that fixed-length packets are the least
reliable and most fragile format available for writing CDs.
======================

But then:

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: DirectCD 5 .. More funnies
Date: 7/29/01

Incidentally, with a little experience,
you're likely to find that

formatting an erasable is not a problem.

Fixed-length packets make for the least reliable format for
CD recording and few people find a need for many such discs.

Mikey, you are a Scum!