Old October 5th 03, 05:32 PM
Tim Kroesen

Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

;

Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
psychotic for Stalking, Harassment and SPAM should you require
additional
information.

From: smh
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Subject: DVDRW Packet writing software?

Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 02:07:45 GMT

"smh" wrote in message
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Dr Ratt wrote:

"Packet writing is less reliable than mastering,
thus packet writing is unreliable"

"Packet writing is the least reliable format,
thus packet writing is unreliable"

gotta admit to thinking this myself, til i played around with

nero's version
recently - so far no errors at all
my experiences with directcd tainted my view completely as every

single disc
i made with it was imperfect

"DirectCD bugs translate into the faults of packet writing"
"DirectCD bugs translate into unreliability of cd-rw media"

A lot of the DirectCD problems that are slimily blamed on the cd-rw
media and the packet writing format are caused by these DirectCD

bugs:

-----------------------
DirectCD 3.05
Fixes

Some older, low-speed recorders cannot correctly write

high-speed
rated CD-RW media, but DirectCD would formerly allow you to

try.

DirectCD now checks the media and
will reject as appropriate. === FIXED ???

DirectCD 5.3.4
Fixed:

Burn to Ultra High Speed media on non-Ultra High Speed Drives,
no longer allowed === FIX a FIX ???
-----------------------

This is caused by the above bugs:

From: "Pierre-Eric COLIN"
Subject: DirectCD is a VERY ROBUST piece of software
Date: 11/12/01

I've read many posts saying horrible things about DirectCD.

THIS IS UNFAIR. It is definitely a very robust piece of software.
And this is not free chating, I've got facts:

I'm using Windows 2000 SP2 and many complain about formatting CDRWs

that
does not work.

Well, it works, better it ROCKS. I started a formatting yesterday

before
going to sleep. (Thats is because formatting is a fast process taking

1
to 3 hours).

Guess what I found this morning? DirectCD was still up an running,
proudly stating "format in progress, verifying disk..." and the time
elapsed was a nice 10:36:07. That's a very significant amount of time
without crashing, that deserves a warm greeting in the Book of Records
of Toe-Written Software (It must have been written with toes, because
most-if-not-all development systems have macro fixing the lamest bugs,
infinite loops being one of them).

I am sincerely very impressed, because usually, DirectCD behaves in a
very different fashion, it just exits formatting, without logging its
errors, so if you hadn't spent 2 ages 1/2 with your eyes stuck on the
dialogbox, you have no clue of the reason why the whole **** failed.
Indeed this is unfair again, because the error message lasts at least

9
seconds.

So, time for the big bucks question... Tataaaaaaaaaaaa! Do I deserve

such piece of software ? The answer is NO, period. So I will go
through the undocumented -12 hours- uninstall process, and

trash this uber**** out of my PC.

**** ECDC, **** DirectCD,
**** the developpers,
**** the technical support,
**** Roxio,

they ****ed me!

Don't buy this crap, and if you really want to see it at "work", steal
it.