Old January 29th 21, 10:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.windows7.general
Paul[_28_]

Default My old CCC GUI refuses to show up. :(

Ant wrote:

Oh, I got netfx_setupverifier v6.0.3790 (7/31/2015) downloaded. Its
verification results said error code 0 for all of its detected versions:
2.0 SP2
3.0 SP2
3.5 SP1
4 Client
4 Full
4.5

I guess no v4.8 since it is newer.

So it's not really a damaged .net then.

Is that your conclusion ?

Have you checked Event Viewer for an application error ?

I don't know if you can start the control panel executable
from Command Prompt. And there's no guarantee that a
ge-broken executable would dump error codes to stdout
and print them in a Command Prompt screen.

That leaves checking eventvwr.msc (Event Viewer)
or looking for a .dmp file if the software
managed to start enough to have crashed.

Come on, you have the experience to fix this.
I know you do.

I suppose you've already reinstalled CCC. The video
card installers, unpack in places like C:\AMD
or C:\NVidia, places like that, and you might get
lucky and find the unpacked-and-ready-to-go
setup.exe in there to use. That's if you don't
see a "Repair" option in Programs and Features.

Use the Force, Luke.

Paul