Old November 24th 11, 03:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Gernot Hassenpflug

Default how do I avoid buffer underrun?

Chelmite writes:

I'm trying to write a dual-layer blu-ray using the schily cdrecord
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 3.01a06 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Joerg Schilling

Hi,
I'm a long-time (10yrs) linux user but not really up to speed on
CD/DVD/BluRay writing. I used to use the same method as you, for CDs and
DVDs, since the GUI tools misbehaved os badly until recently.

Now though, I am happy to use Brasero most of the time with Debian
GNU/linux.

I can create an ISO image that's 38,961,047,552 bytes, which should
fit on a 50G dual-layer blu-ray disk.
I am having trouble writing the image onto the disk. I get a message
about buffer underruns, and need some help fixing this.

Vendor_info : 'PIONEER '
Identifikation : 'BD-RW BDR-206D'
Revision : '1.56'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-3 BD-R driver (mmc_bdr).
Driver flags : NO-CD BD MMC-3 BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
cdrecord: Warning: Cannot read drive buffer.

Looks like you have a problem here already with communication?

cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.
WARNING: Phys disk size 4452354 differs from rzone size 24438784!
Prerecorded disk?

/../

Hmmm, I don't know, but would you try with Brasero for example, and see
what the Brasero logs tell you. So many options with the commands
possible, hard for me to say if something needs to be changed....
--
Gernot Hassenpflug