Old July 13th 11, 05:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Can't make audio CD containing MP3s

Rhino wrote:

... I've never been able to get the DMA to work on this
burner although I've got a question in to LiteOn about that; maybe they'll
have a solution. Burners are pretty cheap these days....

You need to fix the dma. Here's how with winxp (and I believe similarly
with other Windows):

To enable DMA mode using the Device Manager

1.Open Device Manager.
2.Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of
controllers and channels.
3.Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device is
connected,
select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.

4.In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select DMA if
Available if the current setting is "PIO Only."

If the drop-down box already shows "DMA if Available" but the
current
transfer mode is PIO, then the user must toggle the settings. That
is:

Change the selection from "DMA if available" to PIO only, and
click OK.

Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if
Available.